Saturday, November 28, 2009

Giving Thanks

I love Thanksgiving. In fact, it is my favorite holiday of the year because it is a time to reflect on all our blessings, spend time with family, and enjoy the beautiful fall colors. It does seem that Thanksgiving is a bit minimized and overlooked by all of the commercialization of Christmas. Before Thanksgiving is even here, Christmas decorations are out, lights are up, and the stores are talking about Santa. I like to think about all of the people and relationships in my life that mean the most to me.

I am thankful for family and friends who make this life wonderful. But I am mostly thankful for Jesus Christ who provides everlasting life and all of our needs according to HIS riches in Glory! Although He has provided my family with a beautiful home and more material blessings than we could ever ask for, these things do not define who we are. It is the people in our life: our grandparents, our parents, our siblings, my husband, our children, and our friends, that mean the most to us. God has been good and for that I am forever grateful! I think "Thanksgiving" should be a frame of mind that we keep all year long.