Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Happy Place

This weekend I am spending time away with girlfriends at a much needed retreat called Hobby House Hill in Bowie, Texas.  I jokingly call this “my happy place” because I love chatting with girlfriends, relaxing, watching chick flicks, and catching up on organization of the billions of photos I’ve taken of my family since our boys were born.  

A few weeks ago, I took a trip down memory lane and recalled old relationships that caused pain and heartache.  At the time, I had no clue that my future would be as bright and full of love and happiness as it is now.  I told my mom recently that I am so glad God had a plan for my life even back then, when I couldn’t see what He was doing.  I couldn’t ask for a better husband.  Jason is such a strong support to me and such an awesome dad.  I love that he loves Jesus and is such a devoted family man.  I love that he is so easy going and laid back, and I love that he is so consistent in his love for me.  I thank God that He brought me through painful relationships for the purpose of me meeting the love of my life. 

In short, “my happy place” is truly the life I have built with Jason.  I love the life that we have made in Texas.  I love our church, our home, and I love being the full time mom to our boys who are so vibrant and full of  life.  If I were to die tomorrow, those who I love the most could say that I died a happy girl who had all she ever wanted!  I’m the lucky one….

DSC_9736