Wow....where has the time gone! I've been out of the blogging world for several months now so tonight I sat down to catch up with all of my fellow bloggers and to post the latest happenings in our lives to those who might actually be interested. Anyway, I can't believe my last post was in April!! We've had so much happen since then. Jackson and Preston both finished up their CLC year, swimming lessons, choir, and Awanas. Jackson "graduated" from Pre-K4, which was so cute. They both have grown so much and this has been a really fun year.
One week ago, June 16, Preston turned 3 years old. We had a party with friends and visited the Fort Worth Zoo on his actual birthday. (It was much too hot for that, but we enjoyed it nonetheless.) This past year, Preston has really grown from "baby" to "toddler". He is sooooo independent and wants to do everything that Jackson is doing, which includes baseball, choir, swimming and the list goes on. I'm praying that soon he will want to start consistently go on the potty like big brother! He knows in his head what to do and will go when we take him but will not tell me he needs to go yet. However, I'm not really stressing out about it because I did with Jackson and it didn't help. I've learned that my "independent" and "head strong" boys will do it when they get good and ready!
As I mentioned, Preston's 3rd year was full of fun. He attended CLC at our church (aka Mother's Day Out) one day per week. He also completed his first year of swim lessons and is doing very well. He has learned to jump in the water, go under to get the rings, reach for the side, and hold his breath. He earned his 1st year medal and trophy for beginner's swim and was so proud!
Preston also attended the 2 year old Awana's class on Wednesday night (Puggles) and he LOVED it! He began learning about God's creation and could recite most of the memory verses as well as his older brother! No kidding!! Although Preston was "too young" for choir this year (probably cause it is impossible to keep 2 year olds in one place for more than 5 seconds) he can sing any praise song that Jackson can, which is absolutely precious to hear. Preston often says, "moma, next year I gonna be in da choir too"! He looks forward to joining the 3 year old choir this spring. Both of my boys have gained so much from the children's ministry at our church. We are so blessed to be a part of a church family that truly has a desire to plant God's word in these little hearts.
Preston is not only talking up a storm, singing songs, and acting independently, but he can also say his alphabet and can count to almost 20. I love to hear his little prayers before mealtime and it makes my heart melt to hear him sing "Jesus loves da yittle childwen of da world" in his own sweet way. His greatest passion is balloons and bubbles! He has a complete obsession with balloons but bubbles make our home a quieter, more sane place to live!
Although this little independent one can be quiet a challenge from time to time, I am so thankful that God placed this angel in our lives. He is so vibrant, happy, fun-loving and full of life. I'm still not completely sure where the blue eyes and blond hair originated from, but I can say this little handsome guy melts my heart. Happy 3rd Birthday baby boy!


