OK....So my sister sent me this song "The Best Day with You" by Taylor Swift and I loved it so much that I had to post it on my blog with a little blurb about my parents. The recent deaths in my family have me really thinking alot about them lately. I truly cherish the moments and memories I have shared with both mom and dad and look forward to other precious memories that are yet to be made.
Growing up, dad was the rock of our family. Some things I admire most about my dad is his strong moral character, genuine spiritual integrity, his devotion to the Lord, and unconditional love for his family. Although he never leaves you wondering what his opinion is, he truly is a sentimental and tenderhearted man in the innermost parts of his being.
Growing up, mom was the heart of our family. She was our quiet support, a friend to all and knew how to accept the individuality of everyone. Mom was always easy going, smiling, happy, positive, quietly seen but rarely heard, fun loving, dependable, a strong Christian lady, my best friend and the kindest person I've ever known. I would be completely satisfied if I could be the kind of mother to my children that my mom has been to me.
I have many "best days" with my boys. I only hope they measure up to "The Best Days" that I have had with my parents. I miss them lots and look forward to spending many more great days with them!


